Partner Job Openings
- Case Manager - The Kearney Center
- Executive Director - Institute for Nonprofit Innovation and Excellence
- Instructor, Life Skills Training Program - Widening Adult Vital Experiences, Inc. (WAVE)
Posted on April 17, 2018
Interested in working in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team? Join the Kearney Center team! The Kearney Center offers comprehensive emergency services for individuals in housing crisis. We are looking for a Case Manager to provide compassionate, client-centered services with a focus on helping clients move to more stable housing options.
If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness and a commitment to helping them find housing, we are looking for you!
- Provide compassionate, client-centered case management services with a focus on assisting with identifying and accessing more stable housing options.
- Perform crisis intervention, as appropriate.
- Complete referrals for housing, government benefits, healthcare, mental health services, substance abuse services, clothing, employment, educational opportunities, and disability support, as appropriate.
- Offer clients additional social work services including counseling, advocacy and service coordination with a focus on securing more stable housing options.
- Utilize a collaborative process with team members and community partners to provide service linkages and support systems to effectively serve clients.
- Ensure timely and thorough documentation of all case management services, including in-person meetings and collateral contacts.
- Honor and maintain strict confidentiality in all areas: written, spoken and observed communication
- Demonstrate knowledge of community resources for which people experiencing homelessness qualify, and connect clients with these community services.
- Demonstrate understanding of the needs of people experiencing homelessness.
- Possess knowledge of programs and policies that impact people experiencing homelessness.
- Participate in weekly supervision and team meetings.
- Assist in training and supervision of interns.
- Other assigned activities that build the capacities of guests and staff to fulfill the mission of The Kearney Center.
- Some evening or weekend hours will be required.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work or related human services field, experience with case management and working in homelessness strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of local resources
- Compassionate, open-minded, non-judgmental
- Commitment to practicing the values of dignity and respect with clients, coworkers and community partners
- Ability to remain focused and calm in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Cooperative and flexible with people and systems
- Basic familiarity with computers: Windows, MS Office, email, and database use
Posted on April 6, 2018
The mission of INIE is to strengthen the capacity and impact of nonprofit organizations through advocacy, education, collaboration, and support. Through a focus on capacity building, collaboration and creativity, INIE works to enhance the nonprofit sector and ensure it continues to serve as a driving force for the region’s economy and quality of life. Since inception, INIE’s board, staff, and stakeholders have been focused on playing a central role in advocating for the nonprofit sector and helping its 150+ members access the resources and services necessary to better fulfills their missions. INIE is a strong champion for the economic growth and vitality of the local nonprofit sector; plays a leading role in advancing nonprofit enterprise and social entrepreneurship; and published a State of the Sector report in 2016 that details the current condition and economic impact of the local nonprofit sector.
Posted on April 3, 2018
Widening Adult Vital Experiences, Inc. (WAVE) is a Tallahassee private nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing social skills and preventing social isolation in adults with developmental disabilities. WAVE is seeking an instructor for its Life Skills Training Program. The purpose of the Program is to reinforce existing social skills and to facilitate the development of additional skills through a compassionate and caring Program. The Program meets at the First Presbyterian Church downtown three days per week for a total of 60 hours per month. The Program meets on Tuesday from 12:30 to 3:30 and on Wednesday and Thursday from 9:30 to 3:30. Currently, there are ten adults with disabilities participating in the Program.
The position has the status of an independent contractor. The candidate must be comfortable with small group instruction and have the ability to relate to individuals with disabilities.
- Planning and conducting life skills activities including cooking, hygiene, and money skills.
- Assisting participants with learning to manage everyday tasks and gaining independence.
- Maintaining communication with WAVE Board and internal and external stakeholders
Candidate should hold at least a bachelor’s degree; experience teaching, especially students with a disability, is preferable. Salary is $15 per hour. WAVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A background check is mandatory. Send a resume to and request an employment application from:
Interim Executive Director, WAVE
P.O. Box 20044
Tallahassee, FL, 32316