Every human service staff person needs to know about trauma-informed care.
This workshop will provide a background on current understandings of how trauma impacts children, youth, and adults. The presenters will describe promising research and best practices for working with people who have experienced trauma and will introduce professionals to the language, values, and skills needed to provide trauma-informed services.
- How to recognize the effects of trauma in children, youth, and adults
- How to better understand clients within the context of complex, developmental trauma
- How to implement basic strategies to assist in the stabilization and support of children, youth, and adults with traumatic histories
- How to recognize vicarious trauma, how to differentiate it from "burnout" and how best to understand and manage its effects on our personal and professional lives
- Rachel Greene, MSW, LCSW, Clinical Director of Residential Services, CCYS
- Jennifer Travieso, MSW, LCSW, Family Services Supervisor, DISC Village